Moy Vets offers a wide range of pet care services. We are all here to help, so if you have any concerns or questions about your pet’s health, then just ask our friendly reception and nursing staff.
- Full medical and surgical facilities.
- Extensive ultrasound & x-ray equipment.
- Endoscope, acupuncture, laboratory facilities available.
- B.V.A. Hip & Elbow score x-rays – see our BVA Schemes section.
- Cryosurgery, electrocardiography.
- Dental surgery, teeth scaling , polishing and dental hygiene advice.
- Free Puppy Pre-School for Moy Vets clients.
- Weight clinics and feeding advice on quality pet foods & special diet foods.
- Safe and effective flea and worm treatment.
- Dental checks and advice on dental care.
The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons “Code to Professional Conduct” limits us to only providing Prescription-only medicines (POM-Vs) to animals under our care. To satisfy the definition of “under our care” the RCVS requires us to re-examine animals on long-term medications on a regular basis – typically every 5-6 months. repeat medications will be provided until re-examination is due, at which point an appointment must be made to see the Vet.
All medications dispensed must be checked and authorised by the vet on duty. We therefore request that clients allow 48 hrs from telephoning for a prescription before collection. Please ensure you have sufficient medication for your pet to allow for this.
Payment and insurance
Payment is due in full at the time of treatment. We accept cash, cheques, and most debit /credit cards.
We strongly advise all our clients to take out pet insurance to provide peace of mind and financial help should your pet need specialist medical care.There are many policies to choose from so look for one that provides the right level of care for your pet. We recommend that you check the small print for exclusions, and confirm whether the policy is for lifelong or annual cover. If you are in any doubt about what a policy may or may not cover please telephone us for advise.
Platinum Paws Plan: is our own ‘in practice’ health scheme designed to provide the best possible care for your pet whilst helping you to budget monthly.